Join our Wagtail Sprint in Bristol
We’re really pleased to be hosting the next Wagtail sprint – focusing on improving the editor experience – at our Bristol office. One of the best things about Wagtail is its enthusiastic developer community, an international and open group, who we've enjoyed meeting IRL at previous sprints in the UK, South Africa, The Netherlands (Ede and Arnhem) and Iceland. This October we're inviting around 25 developers, designers and testers from the UK, the US, Europe and South Africa to Bristol for an intense three days of whiteboards, conversation and code.
How does a sprint work?
The aim is to identify problems and develop fantastic collaborative solutions. This is how we do it:
- It all starts with an initial presentation so everyone’s on the same page.
- As a group, we find out everyone’s skills and experience, where we’re at with individual Wagtail projects and what we’d like to achieve.
- We divide into teams to focus on solving one or two problems each for the rest of the sprint.
- At the end of each day each team talks about what they’ve done.
- We implement real improvements and go home leaving everyone with a better Wagtail
Sprinting in Reykjavik, February 2017
In case you haven’t heard...
Wagtail is Open Source. This has loads of benefits:
- It’s free
- It’s totally adaptable to your needs
- It’s constantly being improved
As the original creators of Wagtail we work with the CMS extensively, consult widely to other agencies and users as well as helping to coordinate the global developer community.
If you’d like to get involved with the Bristol sprint, sign up!